Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Men in Black: Migraine Neuralizer (Day 26)

How do you cope with the way Migraine/Headache Disorders can impact your memory?

   Irony; oh how you sting! Allow me to explain:

   No sooner had I typed the prompt and began to think about how to answer it, but my phone rang. And, I learned, somehow back on May 25, I didn't complete a PayPal order the way that I thought that I had, and thus the product never arrived. What's even more slightly embarrassing is when I had been asked about getting the package (I supposedly had ordered three that day) I said I'd gotten it. I counted one box twice.
   Whoops. And now I'm suppose to be answering how I deal with a memory that's such that things like this can easily happen.

   I laugh. I mean, sure I'm embarrassed right now, because I really was proud of how well I was doing at juggling two things at once, and apparently I'm not doing as well as I thought. But there's no point in getting angry, because there's nothing that I can do about it, and it's not my "fault". I know that I had a migraine spike the day that I was doing the ordering, and now here's the fallout. It's just something I have to deal with.
   I've corrected the forgotten payment, and everything's as good as it can be. It'll just be a month late, that's all.

*shakes head*

   What a perfectly timed snafu.

Quantum in me fuit,
Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.