Saturday, June 8, 2013

Little Shop of Horrors: "Feed Me, Seymour": (Day 8)

What comfort foods do you reach for when you have a Migraine or Headache attack?

The kind of foods that I gravitate towards aren't exactly a food group, or kind of food, but rather, well, I don't know how to say it except a temperature range. I gravitate towards the cool to cold foods. I tend to feel both hot internally, and hot to the touch, when the pain gets worse, so eating something that's cold, or even drinking lots of ice water is comforting and calming.

If I have the spoons for something like making noodles, I'll drain the water and run cold water over the pasta before I eat it. I really do like ice water as well. Every time my liter bottle gets even half empty, so many times a day, I always get ice water to fill up the bottle and that helps a little.

As for types of foods, I like frozen or refrigerated nuts, cold pasta, and some refrigerated apples and oranges.

Quantum in me fuit,
Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.