Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mama Mia: Money Money Money (Day 9)

How does living with Migraine or another Headache Disorder impact your financial situation?

   I'm not sure how to answer this. I'm on SSI as I can't work because of my migraines, but at the same time, I'm not on SSDI (official Disability) because I never could work. I was disabled before I could ever get a job to pay into the system. I consider myself extremely fortunate (in a perverted way) that I'm considered qualified for SSI, as it does give me money to pay rent, my bills and incidentals, and some of my medical expenses.

   However, there's a frustrating in that I'm basically unable to earn any significant money if I want to keep my benefits. That means that I can't collect profits for selling My Secret, even though it was written long before I started to receive SSI. Mind you, it hasn't sold anywhere near enough copies to make that a real issue, but it was something with which I seriously had to consider how to deal. Thus it was even more wonderful that I could send all proceeds to the Migraine Research Foundation, without me ever seeing a single red cent of the profits.

Quantum in me fuit,
Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.