Thursday, June 27, 2013

Anger Management: Goosefrabba: (Day 27)

How do you constructively deal with the anger and resentment that arises as a result of living with Migraine/Headache Disorder?

   Eep! This is a very agitating prompt. I even originally censored it in my mind, changing "anger and resentment" to "frustration", while typing it up, and I have an excellent memory for words. I just find that is is a sad commentary on the mindset of most sufferers.

   Sure, occasionally I'll pitch a fit when something goes to heck because of my migraines, but that's frustration, not anger, and certainly not resentment. What am I to resent? The migraines are a part of who and what I am. To resent them would be to resent myself, and yes, I've tried. It's a singularly unhealthy mindset, and I've spent years in therapy trying to undo the damage that approximately 14 months did to me back in 'o5-'o6.

  I think if we (the Migraine Community) focused on more positive phrasing, or at least less negative seeming, maybe we as a whole could come to accept the pain a bit more, and then be able to move forward with our lives.


Quantum in me fuit,
Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.