Monday, April 11, 2011

Migraines & Frustration

Here is the April blog carnival. I didn't get a chance to submit (hello marathon migraine!) but check out the link, and I'll post what would have been my entry here.



Yeah, they go together, as proved by the above: a marathon migraine spike lost me the opportunity to contribute to the April blog carnival. I got the reminder e-mail, the day before it was due, and I was heading to bed as reclining on the couch was too painful. Not a good time to start writing a coherent blog that I want published. 


In retrospect, maybe I should have gone ahead and slammed something out and emailed it off. However, it probably would have been just a depressed/angry rant on the suckage of migraines. And I don't think that that's really what I should be presenting. 


Instead, I want to talk about how to deal with the frustration that migraines bring. 


Migraines can bring tremendous inspiration for me sometimes, but they can also bring killer writer's block that lasts long after the pain's become reasonable again. Writing this is like pulling teeth right now, because I'm still recovering from the brain block that the over three week long migraine lasted. 


However, instead of getting frustrated and quitting, I'm taking this slowly, and writing one or two sentences, and then pausing to collect my thoughts again. That and I'm going to make this short.


The answer to the frustration is not to fight it. Instead, understand the frustration, and then try and resolve that frustration with diligence and patience.




Quantum in me fuit,

~Gretchen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.