Saturday, July 30, 2011

Writing the Future?

I have found over the past couple of years that my wringing, and signature in particular, can change drastically form one day to the next. And I don't think that it's because I'm lazy some days while other days I pay more attention, and care more about what my writing looks like. No, I've found that my handwriting changes most pronouncedly based on what my pain levels are, and what my symptoms are at the moment.

So, I'm keeping a physical journal for the first ime in over a decade. I plan on tracking my writing styles, and figuring out patterns such that I can not only tell what my symptoms are, but, hopefully, what my pain levels might be like in the near future.
If I could find a way to be able to predict migraine spikes based on my handwriting, I might be able to be more proactive and be able to treat the oncoming migraine spikes better than I currently can.
I used to be able to be able to know when to take a rescue medication almost before the symptoms and pain of a migraine spike started. However, I've lost a lot of ability to be able to distinguish the minor waves in pain from oncoming major spikes. This is because my baseline pain levels have been steadily, if slowly, rising over the last several years.This handwriting trick, if it works, will be a huge help for me.

I'm curious if any of my chronic pain readers have noticed any similar signs of changes in their handwriting that can be related to their pain cycles.
Please let me know!


Quantum in me fuit,
~Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.